The final public event of the EU-FP7 funded project INFRARISK ̶ Novel indicators for identifying INFRAstructure at RISK from Natural Hazards ̶ was the Final Dissemination Conference.
The INFRARISK project was due to end at the 30th of September 2016 and the Final Dissemination Conference was organized on the 29th of September in Madrid. During the one-day event new research was presented regarding the development of optimal stress testing techniques for European Critical Infrastructure, which focuses on potential impacts to the European TEN-T (road and rail) network due to natural hazards, such as earthquakes, floods, and landslides.
The conference addressed the main INFRARISK topics on the stress testing framework, the road and rail example case studies, the INFRARISK Decision Support Tool (IDST), and the INFRARISK GIS Knowledge Base. After the results were presented to the 70 participants attending the conference, the final session incorporated a panel discussion moderated by the coordinator of INFRARISK. The five panelists were experts in both industry and academia together with the coordinators of similar EU-projects.
Presentation and Videos
Click on the name of the presenter to download presentation
Click on the title of the presentation to watch the video
- Overview of the project & Objectives of final dissemination conference E. O’Brien (ROD)
- Protection of critical transport infrastructure - a network management perspective B. Bell (Univ. of Surrey)
- INFRARISK Stress Testing Framework and Risk Assessment Methodology B. Adey (ETHZ) P. van Gelder (PSCT)
- Hazard Identification & Asset Vulnerability Assessment D. D'Ayala (UCL), García-Fernández (CSIC)
- INFRARISK Case Study: TEN-T Road and Rail networks (Italy and Croatia) J. Clarke (ROD), R. Corbally (ROD)
- INFRARISK Decision Support Tool (IDST) and INFRARISK GIS Knowledge Base Z. Sabeur (IT) , D. Roman (SINTEF)
- Brief introductions
- P. Petiet, EU-project INTACT
- A. O’Connor, EU-project RAIN
- J. Lóbez, Crisis Management, Ministry of Transport and Public Works (Spain)
- J. Rodríguez, PTEC- Spanish Construction Technology Platform (Spain)
- A. Ansal, European Association of Earthquake Engineering
- Panel Discussion
Final Conference Announcements
Location and date
Avda. Camino Santiago 50, 28050-Madrid
29 September 2016